Paul W6PNG/M0SNA and Scott N6MI
M/M HP Expedition, Los Padres National Forest, Ventura County
Peak with stunning downsloping terrain
Paul and Scott will operate from separate, socially distanced setups.
SSB by Paul W6PNG/M0SNA
- Elecraft K3S, KPA500, KAT500
- G3TXQ HexBeam tribander on a 30 ft. mast
- Full size 40m ground plane
- OCF for 40m and 80m
- Operating from his Jeep Rubicon
CW by Scott N6MI
- Yaesu FTdx101D, FlexRadio 6500, ACOM A600S
- Triband yagi
- Wires for 40m and 80m
- Operating from his van
More information about Paul W6PNG/M0SNA
- Avid wilderness operator as part of Summits on the Air (SOTA)
- Operated from over 200 peaks in the Western USA, Europe, Caribbean Islands and Central America.
- After having spent decades in the Silicon Valley, Paul and his wife now split their time between Southern California and the Scottish Borders.
- "Curiosity is a great driver. Live life to the fullest."
- See Paul's blog at: http://www.nomadic.blog
More information about Scott N6MI
- Operates portable using his van. It is a repurposed "electronic news gathering" (ENG) / "cellular on wheels" (COW) van.
- Van has a 56 ft. pneumatic mast, a 5kW generator under the hood and five batteries.
- It has been used many times successfully for the past ten years in CQP and other contests.
- See Scott's ham radio web page at: http://www.n6mi.com
- Both Scott and Paul share a love of photography. See Scott's photography page at: https://bovitz.com/bovitz.com/photo/trad.html